Displaying related posts is a smart way for keeping your site visitors around and with thumbnails it is even smarter! Mike on More-tech-tips has created easy setup wizard for demos and code generation. Also, to have code copied to your Blogger blog!
- Display related posts with/without thumbnails.
- Since, images added to Blogger posts are uploaded to PicasaWeb, you can use many custom thumbnail sizes.
- You can use one of 2 CSS styles to help you get started quickly.
- Display posts with transition effects or as a fixed list.
- Many transition options are available like opacity, width, height, font-size.
- Optional timeout technique is used to finish widget loading when one or more feed requests were not completed successfully, instead of waiting indefinitely.
- Thumbnails loading is delayed until widget has finished aggregating related posts to avoid loading extra images
- You can customize it by placing optional parameters -like custom animation- in a HTML comment or HTML5 data attribute.
- You can disable widget if current page is not a post page.
- Widget was rewritten as a jQuery plugin, use a typical jQuery call to load it or auto-load any number of div elements with "related-posts-widget" class in the same page.